Privacy and Cookies Policy
SoftGroup has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this Website: www.softgroup.eu
SoftGroup reserves the right to change this Policy at any time by notifying users of the existence of a new privacy statement.
SoftGroup respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Policy.
This Policy describes the type of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our Website: www.softgroup.eu and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Website;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- from your request’s form;
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy;
- upon your contact and communication with our Technical Support Department either by telephone or email.
Collection of Data
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
“Usage Information” or “Usage Data” is information about an individual’s online activity that, by itself, does not identify the individual, such as browser type, operating system, top viewed and visited pages and links on our web site, top entry and exit points, number of form completions, time spent on pages, top downloads, top keywords used offsite to lead customers to our website, information collected via cookies, and other device event information such as system activity, crashes, and hardware settings.
Generally, we do not consider Usage Data as Personal Information because Usage Data by itself usually does not identify an individual. Personal Information and Usage Data may be linked together. Different types of Usage Information also may be linked together and, once linked, may identify an individual person. Also, some Usage Data may be Personal Information under applicable law.
We collect information from you when you:
- Use the Website: We collect Personal Information and Usage Data from you when you create a request for some of the services, contact us for help or information or otherwise provide your Personal Information, or request other services. We collect the information and content that you submit to us when you input your information in a form on our Website, request additional information on a service, and when you enter comments or submit a review or complaint;
- Usage Data: We also automatically collect Usage Data when you interact with the Website. Whenever you use the Website or the services, we use the location information from your mobile device or browser to tailor the services and website experience to your location.
Processing of Personal Data by the Technical Support Department
SoftGroup processes the personal data that you provide us upon your contact and communication with our Technical Support Department either by telephone or email. Such data include your name, phone, email and eventually position within your organization. Your personal data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests and for the purposes of improving our client’s servicing and satisfaction and provision of technical support for our products for which you have contacted us.
We do not provide your personal data communicated to our Technical Support Department to any third person/s (out of our and your employer’s organizations), nor it is subject to automated decision taking, including profiling. Your personal data, including voice recording of your calls, is stored on servers located in Bulgaria.
Your personal data in the form of voice recordings is stored for a period of up to 3 months of its submission and then is automatically deleted, unless your employer has requested a written information (including details of the persons) on the support services provided by our Technical Support Department. In the last case, we will keep such information generated for a period of 3 years.
If you have questions as to how we store your persona data, what are your rights as a data subject and how you can exercise them, or you have other queries, concerns or complaints, please read the relevant sections of this Policy.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Cookies, as one of these technologies, can be controlled through browser settings. Be aware that setting the cookies controls to be too restrictive, or declining cookies, may affect your ability to use certain features of the SoftGroup’s website. Please refer to your browser Help instructions to learn more about cookies and other technologies and how to manage their use. If you elect to refuse or delete cookies, you will need to repeat this process if you use another computer, or change browsers.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies;
- Web Beacons: Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How Your Information is Used
We use the Personal Information that we collect to operate, improve, and personalize the Website and services including to provide customer service, customize our marketing, to detect, prevent and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activities. You agree that we may use your Personal Information as follows:
- to provide the services to you;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provided it;
- to operate, improve and personalize the services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, or and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Services;
- to communicate with you, either via email, telephone, or otherwise as authorized by you to inform you about the Services, Conferences, Events, etc.;
- to better understand how users access and use the website and services, for the purposes of trying to improve the Website and services and to respond to user preferences, including language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to users’ usage of the services;
- to help us develop our new services and improve our existing services;
- to provide users with advertising and direct marketing that is more relevant to you;
- to assess the effectiveness of and improve advertising and other marketing and promotional activities on or in connection with the Services;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Legal Basis for The Processing of Personal Information from EEA Residents
If you reside within the European Economic Area (EEA), our processing of your personal information will be legitimized as follows:
- Whenever we require your consent for the processing of your personal information such processing will be justified pursuant to Article 6(1) lit. (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”). This article in the GDPR describes when processing can be done lawfully;
- If the processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Softgroup or for taking any pre-contractual steps upon your request, such processing will be based on GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (b).”). If this data is not processed, Softgroup will not be able to execute the contract with you;
- Where the processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, we will process your information on basis of GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (c), for example complying in the fields of employment law;
- And where the processing is necessary for the purposes of SoftGroup’s legitimate interests, such processing will be made in accordance with GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (f), for example to detect fraud.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to our affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent;
- For legal purposes: We also may share information that we collect from users, as needed, to enforce our rights, protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share Personal Information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain;
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you wish to exercise your rights regarding the processing of your personal data by SoftGroup, please visit our Contact form at: https://softgroup.eu/contacts/ or get in touch via: email@example.com.
You may also request information through our Contact form about: the purpose of the processing; the categories of personal data concerned; who else outside SoftGroup might have received the data; what the source of the information was (if you did not provide it directly to SoftGroup); where the personal data is stored and how long it will be stored. You have a right to correct (rectify) the record of your personal data maintained by SoftGroup, if it is inaccurate. You may request that SoftGroup erase that data or cease processing it, subject to certain exceptions. You may also ask SoftGroup for your personal data to be supplemented or updated, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. You may withdraw your consent for the processing of personal data or the further processing of personal data by SoftGroup at any time. You may also request that SoftGroup cease using your data for direct marketing purposes. You have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority, if you have concerns about how SoftGroup processes your personal data. When technically feasible, SoftGroup will—at your request—provide your personal data to you or transmit it directly to another controller. You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and standard format.
Your rights as a data subject can be accessed by contacting us by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon your request for access to your personal data, SoftGroup will take all necessary action to provide you with the appropriate information about processing free of charge. In the event that the request is unreasonable or excessive, especially due to its repeatability, SoftGroup may charge a reasonable fee by taking into account the administrative costs arising as a result of providing information or communication, or taking any other actions based on the request, and may justifiably refuse to take action.
Questions, Concerns or Complaints
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at: email@example.com